Thursday

Series of Blogs, Pt. II: Margaret Fuller

I didn't have the opportunity to discuss Margaret Fuller. She was one of the first feminists, and quite frankly, as strange as the modern feminists. Though I am a woman, I do not agree with many of the feminist movements, as I believe the idea that a woman can do everything a man can do is a load of hogwash, thus I do not agree with many of Fuller's points she makes in her work. Maybe it is because I have less of a modern perspective than most.
In her work "The Great Lawsuit: Man versus Men, Woman versus Women," she says, "Male and female represent the two sides of the great radical dualism. But, in fact, they aer perpetually passing into one another. Fluid hardens to solid, solid rushes to fluid. There is no wholly masculine man, no purely feminine woman." (1656) This makes a good point for some men being called Mama's boys, but what about those who are girly-girls or men who really act like men? And what makes a man not so masculine?
Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment